A truck accident occurred last Monday on Interstate 15 near Blackfoot. Idaho State Police reported two commercial vehicles being involved in the crash. A two-trailer semi was traveling southbound on I-15 when one of the wheel assemblies on the trailer separated causing the semi to travel across the median and into northbound traffic. A commercial tractor trailer driving northbound struck the semi causing the truck accident. One lane of northbound traffic on I-15 was blocked for two and a half hours while the accident was being cleared. No injuries were reported.
This is a truck accident that appears was no fault of either driver. To be safe while driving near semi-trucks here are some common causes of truck accidents to be aware of.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents from Cars Around Them
- Cars driving in the truck driver’s blind spot. If you can’t see the truck driver in his or her side mirror, he or she can’t see you.
- Cutting off a semi-truck in order to pass.
- Driving to the right of a semi-truck when the truck is trying to turn right.
- A car being pushed into a semi from the air turbulence or cross-wind.
- Cars attempting to pass unsafely without sufficient headway.
- Failing to move a disabled car far enough into the emergency lane and leaving it somewhat in the lane of traffic.
- Traveling between two large semi-trucks.
- Failure to move out of the way of a merging semi-truck.
- Turning left into a semi-truck that was thought to be traveling slower than it was.
- Causing a truck to brake suddenly because a car didn’t merge fast enough.
Common Causes of Truck Accident Caused by Commercial Truck Drivers
- Insufficient truck driving training.
- Truck drivers being required to drive more hours than is feasible for the physical body.
- Truck engine or parts malfunction.
- Unrealistic expectation of schedule from trucking companies encouraging drivers to take safety risks so they can hurry.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case
Idaho Falls Law Office
Our Idaho Falls, Idaho law office services clients in and surrounding Idaho Falls, including for injuries and accidents in Ammon, Rigby, injuries and accidents in Shelley and Blackfoot, and injuries and accidents in Rexburg. If you are looking for an attorney in the Idaho Falls area, visit or call our Idaho Falls office now. 3423 Merlin Dr., Idaho Falls, ID 83404 Phone:(208) 552-0467
Gordon Law Idaho Falls
Pocatello Law Office
Our Pocatello, Idaho law office services clients in and surrounding Pocatello, including for injuries and accidents in Chubbuck. If you are looking for an attorney in the Pocatello area, call our Pocatello office now. Our experienced personal injury attorneys will work hard to get you the compensation you deserve. Call (208) 232-7274 for a free consultation. 154 North Main St. Pocatello, ID 83204 Phone:(208) 232-7274
Gordon Law Pocatello
Southeast Idaho Personal Injury Attorney Idaho Falls Personal Injury Attorney Pocatello Personal Injury Attorney Blackfoot Personal Injury Attorney Rexburg Personal Injury Attorney Rigby Personal Injury Attorney Car Accidents Worker's Compensation Semi Truck Accidents Motorcycle Accidents Wrongful Death Dog Bite Injuries Slip and Fall Accidents Bicycle Accidents Site Map