Avoid getting into a car accident with these helpful tips.
- Check your car before driving. Make sure the dashboard is not showing any warning lights, your tires are properly inflated and have enough tread, and everything else is working properly such as your air bags and brakes. It is always a good idea to have your car well maintained in a timely manner as directed by the owner’s manual.
- Look both ways before entering an intersection. Even after a light changes green, look both ways to make sure another car is not running a red light.
- Be extra cautious when driving next to another car or truck. It may be a good idea to speed up or slow down just in case they don’t check their blind spot or become distracted and swerve into your lane.
- Be aware of emergency vehicles. Remember emergency vehicles may have to drive the opposite direction of traffic or through red lights. Always move out of the way if you see flashing lights or hear a siren sounding.
- Always remember to use your turn signals. Using your turn signals warns other drivers around you if you are planning to turn or wanting to change lanes.
- Use your side mirrors and check your blind spot before changing lanes. Cars coming out of parking lots or side streets might appear out of nowhere. Checking the lane you plan to move into before moving over will help you to avoid side-swiping accidents.
- Watch out! Always be aware of your surroundings. Know what is happening in front of you, on both sides and behind you. Constantly check your car mirrors and predict what other drivers might do based on how they are driving. This will also help you to know where other cars are in case you want to change lanes.
- Leave a safe distance between you and the car in front of you. Especially when driving in heavy traffic it is a good idea to leave yourself plenty of space and watch out for cars that might cut you off. The faster the speed, the more distance you should leave.
- Plan an easier route. It’s a good idea to avoid heavy traffic by taking a longer route with less traffic to avoid a car accident.
- Avoid distractions. Never use your cell phone when driving or do anything else in your car that is going to stop you from having your eyes on the road.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case
Idaho Falls Law Office
Our Idaho Falls, Idaho law office services clients in and surrounding Idaho Falls, including for injuries and accidents in Ammon, Rigby, injuries and accidents in Shelley and Blackfoot, and injuries and accidents in Rexburg. If you are looking for an attorney in the Idaho Falls area, visit or call our Idaho Falls office now. 3423 Merlin Dr., Idaho Falls, ID 83404 Phone:(208) 552-0467
Gordon Law Idaho Falls
Pocatello Law Office
Our Pocatello, Idaho law office services clients in and surrounding Pocatello, including for injuries and accidents in Chubbuck. If you are looking for an attorney in the Pocatello area, call our Pocatello office now. Our experienced personal injury attorneys will work hard to get you the compensation you deserve. Call (208) 232-7274 for a free consultation. 154 North Main St. Pocatello, ID 83204 Phone:(208) 232-7274
Gordon Law Pocatello
Southeast Idaho Personal Injury Attorney Idaho Falls Personal Injury Attorney Pocatello Personal Injury Attorney Blackfoot Personal Injury Attorney Rexburg Personal Injury Attorney Rigby Personal Injury Attorney Car Accidents Worker's Compensation Semi Truck Accidents Motorcycle Accidents Wrongful Death Dog Bite Injuries Slip and Fall Accidents Bicycle Accidents Site Map