Idaho State Police reported a fatal semi-truck accident caused by icy conditions. A Rigby man was driving west in icy conditions when his van slide into a semi-truck driving next to him. Officials say the semi-truck driver was not injured in the crash. Unfortunately, though the Rigby man was wearing a seatbelt at the time of the collision, he succumbed to his injuries from hitting the semi-truck. Idaho State Police are still investigating this crash.
Tips for Driving in Icy Conditions
The following are a few tips for winter driving to keep in mind before attempting to drive on the snow and ice.
- Know how your car reacts to certain situations. Every vehicle handles differently, especially on wet or icy roads. Knowing how to react to the way your vehicle handles can prove to be very helpful in an emergency situation.
- Make sure your car is well maintained and ready for winter driving. For example, making sure all fluids under the hood are topped off, floor mats are properly installed, headlights are working properly, tires are in good condition, etc.
- Go slow! Remember it is harder to control or stop your vehicle on wet, slick or snow-covered roads.
- Increase your following distance to give yourself extra time to stop.
- Always wear a seat belt and make sure everyone else in the car is buckled also.
- Be prepared by keeping your gas tank full, warm clothes in your car, jumper cables, etc.
- Give a snow plow extra space by not traveling beside them. Also, if you are following a snow plow, leave extra space and don’t stop too close to them.
- If possible, avoid driving in the snow and wait for the storm to pass.
Semi- Truck Accident Attorney in Idaho Falls or Pocatello
The semi truck accident and car accident attorneys at Brent Gordon Law Firm are here to help after a car accident. Contact the law office of personal injury attorney Brent Gordon today for a free consultation. We can usually tell you over the phone if you have a good case. Our law firm believes every client deserves fair representation, not just big insurance companies with deep pockets. Let our experienced and knowledgeable attorney help you beat Goliath. Call our Idaho Falls law office now at (208) 552-0467 or our Pocatello law office at (208) 232-7274 for a free case review.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case
Idaho Falls Law Office
Our Idaho Falls, Idaho law office services clients in and surrounding Idaho Falls, including for injuries and accidents in Ammon, Rigby, injuries and accidents in Shelley and Blackfoot, and injuries and accidents in Rexburg. If you are looking for an attorney in the Idaho Falls area, visit or call our Idaho Falls office now. 3423 Merlin Dr., Idaho Falls, ID 83404 Phone:(208) 552-0467
Gordon Law Idaho Falls
Pocatello Law Office
Our Pocatello, Idaho law office services clients in and surrounding Pocatello, including for injuries and accidents in Chubbuck. If you are looking for an attorney in the Pocatello area, call our Pocatello office now. Our experienced personal injury attorneys will work hard to get you the compensation you deserve. Call (208) 232-7274 for a free consultation. 154 North Main St. Pocatello, ID 83204 Phone:(208) 232-7274
Gordon Law Pocatello
Southeast Idaho Personal Injury Attorney Idaho Falls Personal Injury Attorney Pocatello Personal Injury Attorney Blackfoot Personal Injury Attorney Rexburg Personal Injury Attorney Rigby Personal Injury Attorney Car Accidents Worker's Compensation Semi Truck Accidents Motorcycle Accidents Wrongful Death Dog Bite Injuries Slip and Fall Accidents Bicycle Accidents Site Map