Idaho Code § 49-648. OBEDIENCE TO SIGNAL INDICATING APPROACH OF TRAIN
- Whenever any person driving a vehicle approaches a railroad grade crossing under any of the circumstances stated in this section, the driver shall stop within fifty (50) feet but not less than fifteen (15) feet from the nearest rail of the railroad, and shall not proceed until he can do so safely. These requirements shall apply when:
- A stop sign is in place and there is an absence of any mechanical warning signals;
- A clearly visible electric or mechanical signal device gives warning of the immediate approach of a railroad train;
- A crossing gate is lowered or when a flagman gives or continues to give a signal of the approach or passage of a railroad train;
- A railroad train approaching within approximately fifteen hundred (1,500) feet of the highway crossing emits a signal audible from that distance and the railroad train, by reason of its speed or nearness to the crossing, is an immediate hazard;
- An approaching railroad train is plainly visible and is in hazardous proximity to the crossing.
- No person shall drive any vehicle through, around or under any crossing gate or barrier at a railroad crossing while the gate or barrier is closed or is being opened or closed.
Idaho Code § 49-649: COMPLIANCE WITH STOPPING REQUIREMENT AT ALL RAILROAD GRADE CROSSINGS
- The driver of any vehicle stopped at a railroad grade crossing shall listen and look in both directions along the track for any approaching train, and for signals indicating the approach of a train and shall not proceed until he can do so safely. Upon proceeding when it is safe to do so the driver shall cross only in a gear of the vehicle in order that there will be no necessity for manually changing gears while traversing the crossing, and the driver shall not manually shift gears while crossing the tracks.
- This section shall not apply at:
- Any railroad grade crossing at which traffic is controlled by a peace officer or flagman;
- Any railroad grade crossing at which traffic is regulated by a traffic-control signal;
- Any railroad grade crossing protected by crossing gates or an alternately flashing light signal intended to give warning of the approach of a railroad train; or
- Any railroad grade crossing at which a traffic-control device gives notice that the stopping requirement imposed by this section does not apply.
Car Crash Lawyers in Idaho Falls and Pocatello
If you’ve been in a car accident, call the experienced and trusted car crash attorneys at Brent Gordon Law. Our aggressive attorneys will fight to get you the most compensation for your case. Call our Idaho Falls or Pocatello law office today for a free consultation with an experienced car accident attorney to discuss your case. We can usually tell you over the phone if you have a good case. Do not hesitate to call because of finances. You will pay nothing until your case is settled.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case
Idaho Falls Law Office
Our Idaho Falls, Idaho law office services clients in and surrounding Idaho Falls, including for injuries and accidents in Ammon, Rigby, injuries and accidents in Shelley and Blackfoot, and injuries and accidents in Rexburg. If you are looking for an attorney in the Idaho Falls area, visit or call our Idaho Falls office now. 3423 Merlin Dr., Idaho Falls, ID 83404 Phone:(208) 552-0467
Gordon Law Idaho Falls
Pocatello Law Office
Our Pocatello, Idaho law office services clients in and surrounding Pocatello, including for injuries and accidents in Chubbuck. If you are looking for an attorney in the Pocatello area, call our Pocatello office now. Our experienced personal injury attorneys will work hard to get you the compensation you deserve. Call (208) 232-7274 for a free consultation. 154 North Main St. Pocatello, ID 83204 Phone:(208) 232-7274
Gordon Law Pocatello
Southeast Idaho Personal Injury Attorney Idaho Falls Personal Injury Attorney Pocatello Personal Injury Attorney Blackfoot Personal Injury Attorney Rexburg Personal Injury Attorney Rigby Personal Injury Attorney Car Accidents Worker's Compensation Semi Truck Accidents Motorcycle Accidents Wrongful Death Dog Bite Injuries Slip and Fall Accidents Bicycle Accidents Site Map