Idaho State Police reported an injury semi-truck accident on State Highway 33 in Driggs, Idaho. A passenger vehicle was driving northbound on SH33 when the driver crossed over the center line and into a semi-truck driving southbound. The driver of the passenger vehicle was transported by ground ambulance to a nearby hospital for evaluation of injuries. It was also reported that she was not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the semi-truck accident. The driver of the semi-truck was uninjured and did not need to be transported. It was reported that the highway was blocked for about three and a half hours will crews worked to clear the accident.
Injury Semi-Truck Accident Statistics
When a semi-truck accident occurs, it is more likely to result in death or serious injury than an accident between two small vehicles. The accident is far more dangerous for the driver in the car than it is for the driver in the truck. In fact, according to the National Institute of Traffic and Highway Safety, 73 percent of all truck crash injuries and deaths are suffered by the driver in the car.
The following are more nationwide injury semi-truck accident statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Injuries from a semi-truck accident account for eight percent of all fatal crashes and three percent of all automobile injuries in the U.S.
- 63 percent of tractor trailer accidents occur on rural roads.
- Only five percent of semi-truck accident was due to a semi-truck rolling over.
- 83 percent of semi-truck accidents happen on weekdays.
- Only one percent of truck accident injuries are fatal.
- 23 percent of truck accidents result in injury.
Tips to Prevent a Head-on Truck Accident
- On multiple-lane highways, drive in the right-hand lane. This will make it safer and easier to pull over into a ditch or off the side of the road rather than hitting head-on.
- If you see an oncoming vehicle heading straight for you, quickly veer to the right. This will prevent you from going into lanes of other vehicles.
- Gain more stability by keeping the two wheels on the driver’s side on the pavement when pulling over to a shoulder.
- Choose to hit a fixed object on the side of the road rather than hitting another vehicle. The fixed object has no momentum and will usually cause less injury.
- If you come across an aggressive driver, don’t react to them in the same manner. Let them pass.
- Semi-trucks require more time to react. Avoid making unpredictable actions such as quick lane changes.
- Avoid driving in a semi-truck driver’s blind spot. Always make sure you can see a truck driver in their side mirror. This guarantee’s that they can see you.
Contact an Experienced Semi-Truck Accident Injury Attorney
Don’t wait to call a semi-truck accident lawyer at Brent Gordon Law Firm. Our experienced, aggressive and trusted attorneys will fight for every penny you deserve. Call our Idaho Falls or Pocatello law office now for a free consultation. We can help take the stress out of the claim and make sure you get every penny you are owed. Call (208) 552-0467 now to discuss your semi-truck accident with an experienced attorney during a free case review.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case
Idaho Falls Law Office
Our Idaho Falls, Idaho law office services clients in and surrounding Idaho Falls, including for injuries and accidents in Ammon, Rigby, injuries and accidents in Shelley and Blackfoot, and injuries and accidents in Rexburg. If you are looking for an attorney in the Idaho Falls area, visit or call our Idaho Falls office now. 3423 Merlin Dr., Idaho Falls, ID 83404 Phone:(208) 552-0467
Gordon Law Idaho Falls
Pocatello Law Office
Our Pocatello, Idaho law office services clients in and surrounding Pocatello, including for injuries and accidents in Chubbuck. If you are looking for an attorney in the Pocatello area, call our Pocatello office now. Our experienced personal injury attorneys will work hard to get you the compensation you deserve. Call (208) 232-7274 for a free consultation.151 North 3rd, Suite 202A Pocatello, ID 83204 Phone:(208)232-7274
Gordon Law Pocatello
Brent Gordon Law
Southeast Idaho Personal Injury Attorney Idaho Falls Personal Injury Attorney Pocatello Personal Injury Attorney Blackfoot Personal Injury Attorney Rexburg Personal Injury Attorney Rigby Personal Injury Attorney Car Accidents Worker's Compensation Semi Truck Accidents Motorcycle Accidents Wrongful Death Dog Bite Injuries Slip and Fall Accidents Bicycle Accidents Site Map