When an attorney is working on a personal injury case, he/she will typically make numerous documents that have to be filed with the Court. Rule 2 is all about the proper formatting for documents filed with the Court. These rules help ensure uniformity in all documents filed with the Court, which makes it easier for everyone to find some of the most basic information about what case the document is about. The standardization also makes documents easier to read for anyone who is interested in reading the document.
Idaho Civil Rule 2: Documents Filed with the Court
- Form, caption, and name – Generally. The following requirements apply to all documents filed with the court.
- They must be printed in black ink using a computer printer, word processor or typewriter on 8 ½“ by 11” white paper, except that:
- Prisoners incarcerated or detained in a state prison or county jail may file documents under this rule that are eligible hand-printed in black ink; and
- Forms approved by the Supreme Court or the Administrative District Judge or distributed through the Court Assistance Office in the county where the action is pending may be completed by legibly hand-printing in black ink or by typing.;
- They must contain a caption setting forth the names of the parties, the title of the court, the case number, the title of the document;
- The title of the court must commence not less than 3 inches from the top of the first page;
- The name, address, phone number, email address and currently valid Idaho State Bar Number of the attorney appearing of record or, if unrepresented, the address, phone number, and email address (if any) of the self-represented party, must appear above the title of the court in the space to the left of the center of the page and beginning at least 1.2 inches below the top of the page;
- If an attorney is representing a party pro bono, this may be indicated immediately below the attorney’s bar number with the words “pro bono” and an indication of any program sponsoring the pro bono appearance, such as Idaho Volunteer Lawyers Program, Idaho Legal Aid Clinic, or a law school clinic;
- The body of the document must be printed with double line spacing or one-and-one-half (1 ½) line spacing with a sans serif font of not less than 11-point size and with margins of not less than 1.2 inches at the top and sides and not less than 1 inch at the bottom unless slightly small margins will allow a document to fit on a single page;
- The title of the document must appear at the bottom of each page;
- All attached exhibits must be clearly legible;
- All handwritten exhibits must be accompanied by a machine-printed duplicate;
- The nature of the document, filing fee category and filing fee prescribed by Appendix “A” to these rules must be stated in the document requires a filing fee
- The title of the action in the complaint must include the names of all of the parties, but in subsequent pleadings, it is sufficient to state the name of the first party on each side with an appropriate indication of the other parties.
- Language of the pleadings. Pleadings must be in the English language.
- Abbreviations and numbers. Common abbreviations may be used, and numbers may be expressed by words or numerals.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case
Idaho Falls Law Office
Our Idaho Falls, Idaho law office services clients in and surrounding Idaho Falls, including for injuries and accidents in Ammon, Rigby, injuries and accidents in Shelley and Blackfoot, and injuries and accidents in Rexburg. If you are looking for an attorney in the Idaho Falls area, visit or call our Idaho Falls office now. 3423 Merlin Dr., Idaho Falls, ID 83404 Phone:(208) 552-0467
Gordon Law Idaho Falls
Pocatello Law Office
Our Pocatello, Idaho law office services clients in and surrounding Pocatello, including for injuries and accidents in Chubbuck. If you are looking for an attorney in the Pocatello area, call our Pocatello office now. Our experienced personal injury attorneys will work hard to get you the compensation you deserve. Call (208) 232-7274 for a free consultation. 154 North Main St. Pocatello, ID 83204 Phone:(208) 232-7274
Gordon Law Pocatello
Southeast Idaho Personal Injury Attorney Idaho Falls Personal Injury Attorney Pocatello Personal Injury Attorney Blackfoot Personal Injury Attorney Rexburg Personal Injury Attorney Rigby Personal Injury Attorney Car Accidents Worker's Compensation Semi Truck Accidents Motorcycle Accidents Wrongful Death Dog Bite Injuries Slip and Fall Accidents Bicycle Accidents Site Map