Idaho State Police reported a driver made an abrupt lane change which caused a fatal semi truck accident in Pocatello. Officials say a car made a sudden lane change in front of a semi truck on I-15 in Pocatello. The semi truck driver did not have time to slow down and rear ended the car causing it to go off the road and into the median. The driver of the vehicle was ejected from the car and succumbed to injuries at the scene of the accident. A passenger in the vehicle was taken to a nearby medical center for evaluation of injuries. The condition of the passenger is unknown. The left lane of traffic was blocked for approximately four hours while crews worked to clear the semi truck accident.
Common Lane Change Mistakes that Lead to Serious Car Accidents
A simple lane change can often go horrible wrong. These poorly executed lane changes are one of the main reasons for car accidents. The following are a few common lane change mistakes that can be avoided and possibly also avoid a serious car accident.
- Weaving in and out of traffic. It is a common misconception that driving is a game of being in the front. Drivers who choose to weave in and out of traffic often cause serious car accidents. In additions, more times than not the person weaving in and out of traffic gets stopped at a light giving everyone they just passed an opportunity to catch up. When you get behind the wheel, remember driving is not a competition.
- Driver fails to plan ahead and nearly misses their exit. All too often Idaho State Police are called to an accident because a driver cut someone off to make their exit. Be a safe driver by planning ahead. It is also a good idea to keep a safe distance and watch for any cars that may cut you off.
- Inefficient mirror use. It is a sad fact that most drivers do not use their mirrors in the most effective way. Even if mirrors are in a position to see traffic around the vehicle, many drivers fail to use their mirrors anyway. Check your mirrors frequently even if you are not planning to change lanes. Knowing what’s around you and predicting the behavior of other drivers could help you to avoid a car crash.
- Unintended lane changes. Distracted drivers may not even be aware they are coming into your lane. If you sense or see someone coming into your lane, honk your horn to make them aware of you and hopefully return to their lane.
- Changing lanes without signaling. Surprisingly failing to signal is a main source for car accidents. It is a simple gesture that allows everyone around you to see your intentions before changing lanes.
Semi Truck Accident or Car Accident Attorneys in Pocatello or Idaho Falls
If you’ve been injured by a negligent driver, contact the experienced, aggressive and trusted car accident attorneys at Brent Gordon Law in Pocatello or Idaho Falls to handle your case. Our law firm believes every client deserves fair representation against big insurance companies with deep pockets. Call our Pocatello law office today at (208) 232-7274 or our Idaho Falls law office at (208) 552-0467 for a free consultation.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case
Idaho Falls Law Office
Our Idaho Falls, Idaho law office services clients in and surrounding Idaho Falls, including for injuries and accidents in Ammon, Rigby, injuries and accidents in Shelley and Blackfoot, and injuries and accidents in Rexburg. If you are looking for an attorney in the Idaho Falls area, visit or call our Idaho Falls office now. 3423 Merlin Dr., Idaho Falls, ID 83404 Phone:(208) 552-0467
Gordon Law Idaho Falls
Pocatello Law Office
Our Pocatello, Idaho law office services clients in and surrounding Pocatello, including for injuries and accidents in Chubbuck. If you are looking for an attorney in the Pocatello area, call our Pocatello office now. Our experienced personal injury attorneys will work hard to get you the compensation you deserve. Call (208) 232-7274 for a free consultation. 154 North Main St. Pocatello, ID 83204 Phone:(208) 232-7274
Gordon Law Pocatello
Southeast Idaho Personal Injury Attorney Idaho Falls Personal Injury Attorney Pocatello Personal Injury Attorney Blackfoot Personal Injury Attorney Rexburg Personal Injury Attorney Rigby Personal Injury Attorney Car Accidents Worker's Compensation Semi Truck Accidents Motorcycle Accidents Wrongful Death Dog Bite Injuries Slip and Fall Accidents Bicycle Accidents Site Map